Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our Intertwined Hands

Winter is coming on fast;
we fall facedown in the snow,
feel the cold and the warmth
of our intertwined hands.
Gloves blocking your touch,
and we feel the rush
as time flies by,
as time flies by.

And the chill in my heart
isn't caused by the wind,
taking risks on one end
and none for our sakes.
As it slips from our hands,
and we understand,
our time runs out,
our time runs out.

And as we say goodbye,
the tears spring from our eyes,
but we're careful to leave
no stains on our shirts.
As 'we' turns to the past,
'we' beg the moment to last
as we kiss goodbye,
as we kiss goodbye.

Separation is cold
like the white winter snow;
it refuses to cease
(and) Spring is obsolete.
We put our heads in our hands
as ice covers the land;
lie facedown in the snow,
facedown in the snow.

And finally the earth begins to cry
with warmth and tears to break the heart of ice.
With our tentative first steps we look around
and fall facedown,
we fall facedown,
facedown.
(and pray)

I write you a letter or two
with my bare left hand.
Though our future is gone
I can still feel the warmth
of our intertwined hands
and of you in my plans;
don't tell me goodbye,
don't say goodbye.

Springtime is coming again,
and you're smiling, my friend.
My heart's on my sleeve;
don't tell me to leave.
And when these lyrics are done,
we'll salute the sun,
our hands intertwined,
our hands intertwined.

No comments:

Post a Comment